Columbia Business School, Columbia University and Global Risk Institute Initiative
The Global Risk Institute is excited to jointly host a Workshop at this conference on Systemic Risk in Insurance held in New York City with the Program for Financial Studies, Columbia Business School and the Center for the Management of Systemic Risk (CMSR), Columbia University.
This one-day conference will bring together experts from industry, government, and universities to discuss and debate the nature and measurement of systemic risk in the insurance industry, combining expert presentations with panel discussions, and incorporating significant time for interactive, audience discussion. Questions addressed are expected to include the following:
- -Is the insurance sector a source of systemic risk to the financial system?
- -What makes an insurance company systemically important?
- -How does systemic risk in insurance differ from banking? From asset management?
- -How does the measurement of systemic importance need to be tailored to insurance?
- -What is the role of regulatory stress testing in monitoring risk in the insurance sector?
For more information and to view the preliminary agenda click HERE
Program for Financial Studies' Risk Management Initiative
Columbia Business School
Center for the Management of Systemic Risk (CMSR)