A GRI Education Program available exclusively to Global Risk Institute members
The Risk Management for Emerging Leaders Program is targeted at new leaders interested in advancing their knowledge and effectiveness in the management of risk.
This program will prepare leaders by improving their understanding and application of risk methodologies. It will assist them in asking the right questions and assess responses to risk challenges within their organization.
Through group discussion and presentation of case studies that demand a broad organizational view, participants will gain perspective of the management of risk throughout their organization.
- This course will demonstrate how management actions and organizational culture can affect risk profiles and the potential to deliver a return.
- On completion of this program, participants will be better able to anticipate and navigate emerging trends.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
Developed for financial service professionals, this program is ideal for individuals, in risk related roles, who are either newly appointed (leaders?) or are seasoned leaders, looking to expand their knowledge of risk concepts and practices. Roles who have benefited from this program include …
VIRTUAL COURSE AND REQUIREMENTS
This program is comprised of six half-days (afternoons), over the course of 2 consecutive weeks. Until we are safe to meet together, we will host our Emerging Leader Program virtually via Webex. Please refer to our user guide here for Webex preparations.
Active participation is required for this program with mandatory audio and video on during group discussion. This program features a combination of lecture, group discussion, case study and pre-read materials.
Participants will receive a certificate of completion to include application professional development hours. GRI programs are not certified programs under any association. Please refer to individual association requirements for information on how to report hours achieved. Total CEU Hours : 22 hours
2022 PROGRAM DATES
February 1-3 and 8-10, 2022
May 3-5 and 10-12, 2022
September 20-22 and 27-29, 2022
Key program learnings include:
- ERM framework and the management of identified risks
- Implications of global risks and trends on organizational strategies
- Using risk culture as control and competitive edge
- Practical application of risk theories from industry professionals and guest speakers
RISK APPETITE & CAPACITY
- Explore how risk appetite and capacity drives day-to-day decisions, including a case study for practical application.
- With a focus from a financial services lens, providing a framework for considering global risks and trends as they relate to strategic decision making and regulatory definitions and expectations.
MEASUREMENT & PROFILE ASSESSMENT
- Deep dive into 3 key risk areas in financial risk: credit, market and operational risk while exploring approaches to assess and measure interconnected events.
RISK GOVERNANCE & ACTIONS
- Understand the role of boards with a focus on the executive transition from “doing” to “influencing”, while developing skills to understand what and how to communicate and present to different audiences.
- RISK CULTURE
- Using case study to understand the importance of risk culture, with a focus on challenges of and solutions for implementing an effective risk culture.
- CLIMATE RISK
- CYBER/TECHNOLOGY RISK
MEET THE SPEAKERS
This is a GRI Member exclusive program. If you are currently employed by a GRI member organization, please use your organization email address to register.
Interested in becoming a member? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org