The Global Risk Institute in Financial Services (GRI) has announced the creation of a National Pension Hub (NPH) that will serve as a Canadian centre for pension knowledge and research. The purpose of the NPH is to provide pension and income security research that, among other things, will lead to innovative solutions to pension design, governance and investment challenges.
Creating a National Pension Hub for Research
The Opportunity is:
- To produce objective pension-focused and industry-relevant research and insights.
- To engage the academic community on complex pension topics.
- To leverage the global leadership of Canadian pension plans and consulting partners.
- Establishing Canada as a source of leading pension research.
- Offering local pension design insights as well as globally-relevant pension investment and governance research.
- Opportunity to bring new members into GRI and increase engagement of existing members.
What are the objectives?
Provide Innovative Solutions to Pension Challenges
Nurturing and growing a vast platform of pension knowledge will benefit government and industry partners and lead to innovative solutions to pension design, governance, risk management, and investment challenges
Create Sustainable Capacity for Academic Research Focused on Improving Retirement Savings Outcomes
Creating a well-funded, sustainable pipeline of academic research will bring rigour and contribute to expertise within the academic community.
Serves as an Unbiased Source for Policy Consultation
Objective and reliable research offers policy makers and industry leaders access to fact-based analysis and commentary, which encourages debate on pension policy and leads to consensus on critical issues.
For more information on the National Pension Hub, please contact Karen Tam, CFO and Corporate Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org