Speakers to include: Governor of the Bank of Canada, Ontario Minister of Finance, a Former U.S. Ambassador to the UN, and a World Authority on Sustainable Development
Toronto, October 5, 2020 – Sonia Baxendale, President and CEO of the Global Risk Institute (GRI) and Mark Hughes, Board Chair, are pleased to welcome more than a dozen prominent speakers and panelists from Canada, the United States and Europe to its annual signature event GRI Summit 2020: “Securing the Future in Uncertain Times,” to mark its 10th Anniversary.
Speakers for the one-day, virtual event include:
- Tiff Macklem, Governor of the Bank of Canada;
- Samantha Power, former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations;
- The Honourable Rod Phillips, Minister of Finance for Ontario;
- John Elkington, world authority on corporate responsibility and the sustainable development movement;
A full list of speakers and agenda for the Summit is available on the GRI website.
The Summit will start at 8:30 am on Thursday, October 8, 2020 and cover a number of key topics including:
- Canada’s New Economic Reality: Post-COVID Recovery
- China/U.S. Relations and the Implications for Canada
- Canada/U.S. Bilateral relations and geopolitical issues
- Canada’s Climate Crisis: Chasing an Illusive Green Economy
- The New Leadership Normal for a Post-Crisis World: What it will Take
The Global Risk Institute in Financial Services (GRI) is the leading forum for ideas, engagement and building capacity for the management of risks in the financial services sector. We are a non-profit, public and private partnership with 46 government and corporate members from asset management, banking, credit unions, insurance and pension management. GRI’s goal is to develop fresh perspectives on risks, to engage members, and to enhance risk management skills. Our activities support academics, corporations, policy makers and regulators. We take a global view of the risks facing the financial services industry from our base in Toronto, Canada.
Mary Lou Frazer