Membership Based Organization
Global Risk Institute is a not for profit membership based organization serving the global financial industry. Our research data, educational programs and the content library are available only to associates of our approved member organizations.
Our members are financial institutions, governments and regulators from across Canada and the world
Understanding and serving our member needs is our top priority and includes:
- Balancing the need between risk and opportunity
- Assisting members in developing strategies for the management of emerging risks
- Engaging with members to provide cutting edge knowledge from globally experienced risk leaders
- Developing training alongside Board and Senior Executives and sponsoring university programs that will educate new age risk leaders
- Demonstrating risk management commitment to governments, regulators, shareholders and the public
HOW WE SERVE OUR MEMBERS
Accessing fresh thinking
Our research team is tasked with identifying new and emerging innovation and best practice to better understand risk and opportunities facing the financial industry.
GRI members participate in our research workshops each month, giving them exclusive access to research findings. Members also have the opportunity to influence the future direction of GRI’s research work.
Engaging in dialogue
GRI has a full and varied roster of events throughout the year including seminars, workshops and panel discussions, all of which call upon industry leaders and subject matter experts across various sectors.
Our members are invited to these events and engage with leading experts and influences from the financial world who share their knowledge, experiences and insights.
As part of our mission to build the capacity of risk professionals, GRI members gain access to tailored educational programs and networking events.
We have several programs underway to improve the skills of risk managers, from new university grads to C-Suite executives to board members. One such program is our Board Risk Oversight and Insight Program, which is tailored specifically for board members and executives with board responsibilities