The Global Risk Institute (GRI) acts as a global research hub, stimulating evidence-based debate between policy makers, regulators, practitioners, and academics engaged in risk with three focal points: Research, Events & Education
The events tackle risk-related themes in a global context and from multiple perspectives. Our research team is tasked with identifying new and emerging insights to better understand risks and trends for the financial services sector. And our educational programs build the talent necessary to sustain and grow Canada’s competitive advantage in risk management for the financial services industry.
Location: Downtown Toronto
The Managing Director Research will be an integral part of the Senior Executive team at the Global Risk Institute (GRI). He or she will be the key strategist in developing the Research Mandate that GRI will pursue according to current and emerging trends in risk management.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Lead accountability for the development of a risk management research strategy through discussion with members and interested stakeholders in business, government and academia.
• Build GRI’s value through our Research activities.
• Through ongoing dialogue, ensure that this strategy remains current in light of events and changing circumstances within the financial service sector.
• Identify partners within universities and other research organizations to frame research projects and put in place appropriate contractual arrangements.
• Develop and manage GRI’s in-house research capacity.
• The MD, Research will report to the President and CEO of GRI and will be responsible for a small staff of in-house researchers.
• Develop a program of research that is both applied and interdisciplinary in nature.
• Provide oversight and coordination for all research activity supported by GRI.
• Ensure that research findings are communicated in ways that enhance the quality of decision making in the sector.
• Develop Research that builds Canadian risk management capabilities
• The MD Research will oversee the work that is developed for the National Pension Hub
• Serve as a spokesperson/ambassador for GRI in national and international forums on risk management in Financial Services.
• Contribute, as a key member of the GRI leadership team, to decisions regarding the management and future direction of GRI.
Download the full job description below
Please send a cover letter and resume in your email, with the subject line in the following format : "FirstName LastName - Director, Communications and Marketing Application" to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Director, Communications and Marketing will lead a team of professionals with a mandate to deliver and execute various programs in support of the education, events and research initiatives undertaken by GRI.
Create and maintain editorial calendar in consultation with the Executive Team and the Executives in Residence. Prepare the bi-monthly newsletters for GRI membership. Work with the external communications consultants to promote GRI in the media.
Oversee the management of GRI’s website and social media communication channels.
Engage in and lead the development of all collateral materials, stewardship of brand look and feel for all public documents, presentations and content, website management, social media and membership communication through various formats.
Lead the execution of a variety of events aimed at the GRI membership in the form of in-person events, education programs round tables and webinars. Ensure the success of the development and delivery of the Annual Summit.
The Climate Risk Analyst will support and accelerate the integration of climate change risk into enterprise risk management among GRI’s financial sector membership base directly,and broadly share knowledge among government and other private sector organizations. The Analyst will contribute to GRI’s research, education and engagement programs by identifying cutting edge practices relating to climate risk management and supporting members with implementation and practical application.The Analyst reports to the Senior Director, Sustainable Finance and works closely with a small team of GRI staff and Executives in Residence to advance climate risk knowledge and practice for GRI members and partners.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Identify and track climate risk management practices in Canadian institutions and globally
- Support a peer working group of senior risk managers as they explore various facets of integrating climate into ERM
- Develop practical materials that cover the full ERM cycle for climate risk – risk appetite, assessment and scenarios, management actions, measurements and targets, reporting, and risk governance
- Contribute to various research projects on climate risk, this could include topics such as financial modeling, credit risk, carbon risk, operational risk, portfolio risk, as examples.
- Contribute to GRI’s engagement with domestic and global partners and governments by providing research and expertise across climate risk related topics
- Support GRI’s thought leadership by developing or contributing to publications, events, webinars, and other materials
- Stay up to date with climate risk management developments in key markets globally and transmit this back to the GRI community
- Other related duties as required