A GRI Education Program available exclusively to Global Risk Institute members
The Risk Management for Emerging Leaders Program is targeted at new leaders interested in advancing their knowledge and effectiveness in the management of risk.
This program will prepare leaders by improving their understanding and application of risk methodologies. It will assist them in asking the right questions and assess responses to risk challenges within their organization.
Through group discussion and presentation of case studies that demand a broad organizational view, participants will gain perspective of the management of risk throughout their organization.
- This course will demonstrate how management actions and organizational culture can affect risk profiles and the potential to deliver a return.
- On completion of this program, participants will be better able to anticipate and navigate emerging trends.
Download Program Flyer
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
This program has been developed for financial services professionals from business lines and control functions who would benefit from a fuller understanding of concepts and practices in the management of risk.
NEXT SESSION PLANNED FOR SPRING 2019
Spring 2019 Session
The program consists of 2.5 days:
Feb 26 - ALL DAY
April 2 - ALL DAY
April 3 - HALF DAY
This program consists of 2.5 days, each with opportunities for participants to engage fully in discussions and debate.
RISK APPETITE & CAPACITY
- Participants will explore how risk appetite and capacity drives day to day decisions.
- Specialized knowledge of risk from an asset manager’s perspective.
- Risk identification in a financial services context, including regulatory definitions and expectations.
- A framework for considering global risks and trends as they relate to strategic decision making.
MEASUREMENT & PROFILE ASSESSMENT
- Participants will explore approaches to assess and measure interconnected events.
- A deep dive into the three key risk areas of financial risk: credit, market, and operational risk.
- A presentation on Technology Enabled Risk Tools using emerging practices in AI and machine learning.
RISK GOVERNANCE, COMMUNICATIONS & ACTIONS
- Participants will learn about the role of boards. Specific focus on the executive transition and a changing role from “doing” to “influencing”.
- Participants will develop skills to understand what and how to communicate and present to different audiences.
- Through case studies, participants will learn the importance of risk culture. This discussion will focus on challenges of and solutions for implementing an effective risk culture.
KEY PROGRAM LEARNINGS INCLUDE:
- GRI ERM framework and the management of identified risks.
- Implications of global risks and trends on organizational strategies.
- Technological threats and opportunities.
- Risk culture as an important control and competitive advantage.
- Effective interface with the risk governance constituencies.