The Federal Ministry of Finance is currently seeking applications from experienced Canadians from across the country who are interested in a position as a board member of the Global Risk Institute in Financial Services (GRI). Up to two positions are available.
The Board of Directors consists of up to 20 directors, including two representatives appointed by the Federal Minister of Finance, and meets at least four times a year. Each board member serves on one of the following board committees:
- Finance and Audit Committee
- Membership, HR, and Compensation Committee
- Nominating and Governance Committee
Information about GRI’s Board of Directors can be found at http://globalriskinstitute.org/about/gri-board-of-directors/.
To be considered for this position, please provide examples from your career that clearly demonstrate how you meet the following criteria:
- In the areas of banking, pensions, asset management and insurance, and/or
- Senior executive-level experience in risk management (i.e., C-suite level or board member)
- Degree from a recognized university in a relevant field of study
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of corporate governance
- Ability to maintain an impartial and independent perspective and exercise sound judgment
- Ability to listen carefully, to analyze and ask relevant questions at the strategic level, and to consider the perspectives of various stakeholders
- Ability to foster a respectful and trusting environment where sound advice is valued and encourage expression of diverse opinions and perspectives while fostering collegiality
- Ability to understand situations and problems by addressing underlying issues and to leverage knowledge and experience and common sense to create consensus
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Personal Attributes
- High ethical standards and integrity
- Chief Risk Officer from a large financial institution, and/or
- Chief Executive Officer of a globally-recognized firm, who may also be globally-recognized personally, and/or
- International director with recognition in risk and finance, and/or
- Being party to international Chief Executive Officer, Board of Director and international risk networks, and/or
- Chairing a Risk Committee
Additional experience in the areas of applied research, technology risk, and fundraising and attracting new members would also be considered valuable.
Interested individuals should contact Vanda Vicars for more information. Please note that the posting closes on August 31, 2023.
For the full posting click here.